Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Twenty-Five!


So, I just had my twenty fifth birthday.  I am now a quarter of a century.  When I was in college I took a class on adolescent development and I remember learning that your brain doesn't completely mature until around age 25.  So hurray!  I guess that means I'm finally an adult!

For my birthday my older sister sent me a princess crown and a castle (also known as the Logan, Utah temple) with a copy of this talk from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.   Of course, the first thing I did was take princess pictures! (I may be an adult, but I still love to play dress up!)



It was the perfect gift for me!  I absolutely consider myself a princess.  I act a little bit like Giselle from Enchanted. I firmly believe that anything can and should be sung.  I love the talk she sent me because I loved that an apostle of the Lord told me that I am a princess, and I should expect a happily-ever-after!

In my life I have discovered that there is a great power in understanding who I am.  Knowing that I am a daughter of God, and therefore quite literally a princess, helps me to know that I am someone special, that I have great worth.  Throughout my mission I have spent a lot of time wondering who I am. I want to understand what my potential is.  Who can I become?  No matter how many times I've thought about this I always come back to the simple fact that I am a child of God.    There is nothing that defines me more than that knowledge.  God is my Father.  I'm a princess!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christa. You are so beautiful: a true princess. Thank you for that beautiful video. It brought tears to my eyes. Such a good reminder. We are all so very different and yet all so very much the same in the most important way: WE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN. I love that.

Post a Comment